I decided to seek professional help....from a personal trainer. About 2 years ago, I got serious on my weight and lost about 20 pounds with Weight Watchers. I've kept most of it off, but have gained about 5 back in the last few months. I started tracking my points again, but haven't been very accountable to myself. So I decided to get a personal trainer at my gym: Gold's Gym. I am not too worried about numbers as I am that my metabolism is slowing down a little now that I am older and I don't want to wake up a few years from now back to my old weight. It's best to deal with it now and not wait.
So, I met with Teresa today and we talked about a plan and my goals. We did take measurements, but she understands that I am not going to concentrate on the numbers as much as I am going to concentrate on how I feel. But I will keep you up to date on my success- yes success!!!! I know I will have some frustrating times with this, but if I keep my eye on the goal, I can always start fresh a new day!
So, here are my numbers:
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 171 lbs.
Body % Fat: 31%
BMI: 27.7
Now, we are focusing on body % fat and BMI, not weight. My body % fat is actually normal, but my BMI is a little above normal.
I want to tone up some frumpy areas and have more energy. She is very understanding and agrees with me on this.
The computer program she uses to help calculate everything wanted me at like 135 lbs., but we both agree that I would be emaciated at that weight. I am not making excuses here or blowing my own horn, but I do have a nice amount of muscle from dancing and exercising. I danced for 15 years and have always exercised since I was like 13 years old. But my eating habits are not always the best. So, we are going to incorporate Weight Watchers with her exercise training and hope for the best. I will keep you updated on my journey! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment