My Family

My Family
Our Family

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Circle Maker

I started reading The Circle Maker. We are doing a series at PCC where the book is the inspiration. Prayer. The book is about prayer. and how to pray and what to pray for........ I don't know how much I have believed in prayer. I know some things I have asked for in the past have been answered............when I stopped praying for them. My scientific mind still tries to decifer between if God answered something for me or if it is able to be explained by other means. Mark Batterson (author) writes that you need to really decide what you are praying for and to be specific. I pray for my children's health and happiness...........for my marriage............for my friends........... I do specifically pray that Martin and I live a long happy life together and that he is not taken from me in the early stages. That is something I do fear. because I have lived it. I pray specifically for Chaytor and his issues with Autism. I pray he can really live life to the fullest. I pray for Russell's development as well. But Batterson tells us that we need to define our life goals (and yes, they can change depending on the season of life we are in).....and it made me think..........what are my life goals.......and I just sat there.........nothing too specific came to mind. I do have these, but I think everyone does: 1. happy and healthy 2. great mom that is always there for her children and they know it 3. great wife to my hubby But it seems to stop there. Is it because I do not have a 'career' right now? Or is it because I have become a spectator in life, sitting on the sidelines, scared to dream of anything more than this? And I am scared that is the answer. I do not dream of tons of money or a bigger house........... I am done having children, so I do not dream of more............ I don't dream of a big career in education............ So, now, I have to figure out if I am going to sit on the sidelines or join the game again. Things I want to do in my life DO include 1. a missions trip 2. continuing to work with teenagers in the ministry world So now Mr. Batterson, I will take your advice and pray about the specifics. Hopefully God will clearly let me know what HE wants me to do for Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I've always struggled with what it is God wants me to do. I love how you are seeking God's will in your life!

Angie said...

I've got you signed up for another round of #2, and we can always talk more about what you want to do there. I can help with #1, too:)

Connie Kottmann said...

Karen, if you haven't done the "Experiencing God" study, I highly recommend it. AND...enjoy this season of life...your goals right now are just fine! You have a young family and are being the best mom you can be. The world will still be waiting for you to move according to God's will in another season. Right now, seems to me, you are in His will as a wife and mother and mentor to students.